- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Stuffed Chili Peppers
Yield: 1 Ideal Protein portion
• 2 cups of celery, green peppers and mushrooms chopped coarsely or finely, as you prefer
• 1 Ideal Protein Diet protein Vegetable Chili
• Sea salt
• Seasonings of your choice
• 1 large fresh green pepper
Drizzle a little olive oil in a stir fry pan. Add chunks of celery, green pepper and mushrooms and stir fry till 'al dente' Season with sea salt and your favorite seasonings. I recommend an organic Mexican Fiesta blend made with dehydrated chili peppers, dehydrated onion, tomato powder, paprika, cumin, dehydrated garlic, cilantro, oregano, red pepper and lemon peel.
Meanwhile, cook the vegetable chili as directed on packet. When both are cooked to perfection, mix them together. Cut the top off of a green pepper that you've cleaned out and stuff it with the mixture. Put the bell pepper in a 350 ºF oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
Phase 4 Option: Add cooked lentils or red kidney beans and/or cooked ground white poultry meat.